What You Need to Know
LAST UPDATED: APRIL 21, 2020 AT 5:30PM
- Schools and nonessential businesses will stay closed through May 15th.
- Governor Cuomo issued executive orders 202.17 and 202.18 requiring all people in New York to wear masks or face coverings in public, including when taking public or private transportation or riding in for-hire vehicles.
- The State Department of Health has begun to conduct statewide antibody testing. Find more information and FAQs.
- Elective outpatient treatment can resume in counties and hospitals without significant risk of COVID-19 surge starting next week.
- Governor Cuomo will meet President Trump at the White House on 4/21 to discuss testing.
- Governor Cuomo announces the State will take a regional approach to re-opening.
- New Yorkers without health insurance can apply through NY State of Health through May 15, 2020; must apply within 60 days of losing coverage.
- New Yorkers can call the COVID-19 Emotional Support Hotline at 1-844-863-9314 for mental health counseling.
- Testing is free for all eligible New Yorkers as ordered by a health care provider.
- Your local health department is your community contact for COVID-19 concerns.