Town of Johnsburg Library Borrowing and Lending Policies
- Application for Library Cards:
- There is no charge for the library card or for replacing it.
- Fill out an application form (available from a library staff member)
- Present an ID that shows both the name and address.
- Children through grade six must have a parent or guardian sign the application before a card can be issued.
- First time borrowers are limited to two items.
- Non-residents and part-time residents
- Must leave both a local and permanent address and phone numbers on file in the library to obtain cards.
- Those without a permanent home in the area are asked to leave a $20 deposit at the start of their stay in the area; this deposit will be refunded in full when all materials have been returned at the completion of their stay.
- Length of Loan:
- Most library materials, including books, audiobooks, and CDs, may be borrowed for two weeks.
- Materials usually may be renewed online by accessing your library account, by telephone, or in person.
- DVDs and magazines may be borrowed for one week and are usually not renewable.
- Amount of materials that may be borrowed:
Except for first time borrowers, patrons may check out an unlimited number of items, subject to the Library Director’s discretion. Ten (10) DVDs per library card may be loaned at one time.
Hold requests can be placed online or with librarians either at the front desk or by phone. Patrons will be notified when reserved materials become available for pickup; they will be held for ten (10) days.
- Fines and Fees: As of November 1, 2021, the Town of Johnsburg Library no longer charges late fines for any items checked in at our library.*
- Patrons are still responsible for returning items by due dates.
- Materials that are 30 days overdue are assumed lost and patrons will be billed for the replacement costs.
- Patrons will still receive reminders to return items.
- Outstanding overdue fines charged by the Town of Johnsburg Library items accrued on Town of Johnsburg Library patron accounts, will be waived.†
- Patrons still in possession of overdue items from Town of Johnsburg Library, may return them to the library book drop or in person to the library front desk and fines will be removed. †
- Lost, non-returned, and/or damaged items will incur a replacement fee. The library will work with patrons to find an equitable solution as necessary.
- Borrowing privileges may be suspended for patrons when:
- Three (3) or more overdue items are on their account.
- A patron accumulates fees for lost or damaged materials in excess of $5.00.
- Fees for library services and products such as copying, printing, faxing, and material replacement costs, remain in effect.
*This policy does not apply to items turned in to other SALS libraries.
†Overdue fines and/or lost fees on items returned at other libraries cannot be waived.