Library Director Position
The Town of Johnsburg Library (TOJL) is seeking an energetic person to fill the role as Library Director. The Town of Johnsburg Library was established in 1996 and is a vital and valued institution in our community. In addition to serving as a place to exchange books and other materials, the library holds preschool story hour, nature, craft and music programs, sponsors lectures and hosts summer reading programs. The TOJL is open Wednesday 11-5, Thursday 11-7, Friday 11-5, and Saturday 10-2.
Requirements and expectations of the position are:
- Preferred candidates should have a 4 year degree but other candidates with relevant experience are encouraged to apply.
- Work a 32 hour week.
- Supervise library personnel and volunteers.
- Direct library operation by the continuing selection, purchase and weeding out of library materials.
- Comprehensive knowledge of budgets, experience in fund raising, excellent written and communication skills and a love of reading are beneficial.
- Knowledgeable in digital literacy and forward thinking to plan creative and educational programs.
- Attend monthly Town of Johnsburg Library Board of Trustee meetings, Southern Adirondack Library System (SALS) monthly meetings, and the Friends of the Town of Johnsburg Library meetings when scheduled.
- Work with the Board of Trustees to recommend additional library services, preliminary budgets, and library reports.
- Develop community partnerships.
- Establish the Library’s virtual role in the Town of Johnsburg to meet the needs of the community in the current environment.
To Apply: Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume and references no later than November 22, 2021 electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or forward documents to Town of Johnsburg Library Attn: Personnel Committee 219 Main Street, North Creek 12853. Salary and benefits will be discussed during the interview.