The Town of Johnsburg Library (TOJL) seeks an energetic person to fill the role as library director. The Town of Johnsburg Library was established in 1996 and is a vital and valued institution in our community. In addition to serving as a place to exchange books and other materials, the Library holds preschool story hour, nature, craft and music programs, sponsors lectures, and hosts summer reading programs. The TOJL is open Wednesday 11-5, Thursday 11-7, Friday 11-5, and Saturday 10-2.
Requirements and expectations of the position are:
- Preferred candidates should have a four-year degree, but other candidates are encouraged to apply
- Work a 32 hour week
- Supervise library personnel and volunteers
- Direct library operation by the continuing selection, purchase, and weeding out of library materials
- Comprehensive knowledge of budgets, experience in fundraising, excellent written and
communication skills and a love of reading
- Knowledgeable in digital literacy and forward-thinking to plan creative and educational
- Attend monthly Town of Johnsburg Library Board of Trustee meetings, Southern Adirondack
- Library System (SALS) monthly meetings, and the Friends of the Town of Johnsburg Library meetings when scheduled
- Work with the Board of Trustees to recommend additional library services, preliminary budgets, and library reports
- Develop community partnerships
- Establish the Library’s virtual role in the Town of Johnsburg to meet the needs of the community in the current environment
To Apply: Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and references no later than October 10, 2020. The Town of Johnsburg is an equal opportunity employer. Salary and benefits will be discussed during the interview. Please forward your documents to the Town of Johnsburg Library, 219 Main Street, North Creek 12853.