- For ages 4 to those entering 6th grade in the fall.
- The Summer Reading Challenge runs from July 7 to August 13.
- Pick up the Summer Reading Challenge card from the library or click on the link below to print it yourself.
- Cross out the squares when you complete the activity; complete any five squares of the Challenge card to receive a prize bag.
- Bring your challenge card to the library to claim your prize.
- Complete another five squares for another prize.
- Complete the entire Challenge card and you will be entered into a grand prize drawing.
- Bring your card to the library to claim your prize.
- This year’s Summer Reading theme is Tails and Tales.
*Grownups reading to their children counts as reading!
Summer Reading Events — TOJL@Beach
Wednesdays, 10 AM – 11AM Outdoors at the Beach Pavilion Ski Bowl Park
July 14 — Meet the Raptors of the Adirondacks! With Wildlife Rehabilitator Nancy Kimball
July 21 — Tails & Tales with Bernadette Hoffman & Animal Friends
July 28 — Tales with Tails with Storyteller Karen Pillsworth
August 4 — Tails, Scales & Other Tales: Mammals with Outdoor Educator John Bowe of Cornell Cooperative Extension
August 11 — Tails, Scales & Other Tales: Fish with Outdoor Educator John Bowe
*Seating is limited. Please bring a blanket to sit on. Call the library or check our website or Facebook for any weather-related changes. Masks are optional for outdoor programs, where social distancing can be maintained. Safety guidelines are subject to change based on CDC findings and guidance from New York State and the Warren County Department of Health.
The Library’s Summer Reading program is supported by a Stewart’s Holiday Match Grant.