In an effort to keep our patrons, volunteers and staff healthy, and reduce opportunities of transmission of the COVID-19, the Town of Johnsburg Library is closed until further notice. No fines will be charged while we are closed.
We cannot control COVID-19, but we can regulate our response to it, and be thoughtful about how we interact and have contact with others, be sure to take ample preventative measures (wash your hands!), keep ourselves healthy, and self-quarantine if we are sick.
Updates From Our Government
What You Need to Know
LAST UPDATED: MAY 22, 2020 AT 3:15 PM
- Capital Region, Western New York, Central New York, North County, Finger Lakes, Southern Tier and Mohawk Valley Regions have met all seven metrics required to begin phase one of the state's regional phased reopening plan.
- NYS on PAUSE will continue through May 28 for regions that have not started reopening; a region can enter Phase One of reopening as soon as it meets its required metrics.
- Governor Cuomo released a guide to the state's "NY Forward Reopening" Plan, along with the state's regional monitoring dashboard.
- New York State has doubled testing capacity to reach 40,000 diagnostic tests per day, and has more than 700 testing sites. We encourage eligible New Yorkers to find a nearby testing site and get tested.
- New Yorkers can vote for finalists in the Wear a Mask New York Ad Contest through Memorial Day at WearAMask.ny.gov.
- The $100M New York Forward Loan Fund will provide loans to small businesses, focusing on minority and women owned small businesses, that did not receive federal COVID-19 assistance.
- The New York State sales tax filing deadline has been extended to June 22, 2020.
- Summer school will be conducted through distance learning.
- New York State is partnering with SOMOS to establish 28 additional testing sites at churches and community-based providers in predominately minority neighborhoods.
- Religious gatherings of no more than 10 people and drive-in and parking lot services will be allowed statewide beginning Thursday, May 21st.
- Long Island and Mid-Hudson Valley Regions will be permitted to begin construction staging in anticipation of phase one of reopening.
- Memorial Day ceremonies of 10 people or less will be allowed statewide, with final decisions about ceremonies being left to local governments.
- A new pilot program with 52 independent pharmacies will conduct 7,000 tests per week.
- The state is making its contact tracing training curriculum available at no cost to all states through the National Governors Association.
- In coordination with neighboring states, public and private beaches will open with certain restrictions on May 22, ahead of Memorial Day weekend.
- Governor Cuomo issued executive orders 202.17 and 202.18 requiring all people in New York to wear masks or face coverings in public, including when taking public or private transportation or riding in for-hire vehicles.
- New Yorkers without health insurance can apply through NY State of Health through June 15, 2020; must apply within 60 days of losing coverage.
- Health care workers can text NYFRONTLINE to 741-741 to access 24/7 emotional support services.
- New Yorkers can call the COVID-19 Emotional Support Hotline at 1-844-863-9314 for mental health counseling.
- Testing is free for all eligible New Yorkers as ordered by a health care provider.
- Your local health department is your community contact for COVID-19 concerns.